18 December 2019|
Australia, its history and intriguing facts
Australia, its historical past and fascinating information
A brief history
Humans are considered to have arrived in Australia concerning 40,000 years ago from Southeast Asia. They are the first inhabitants, called aborigines and they have descendant still today ( More on apply for Australian visa ). People was around a million before the European settlement and today about 350,000 people are in Australia.The Dutch sighted Australia in the year 1606 while the British landed in 1688. However it was Captain James Cooks maiden voyage that claimed the land for Great Britain. A British colony was set up in 1788 with about 161,000 English convicts sent and settled there. Former prisoners and free settlers set up six colonies which became states later on. In 1901 these colonies were federated to the Commonwealth of Australia and a constitution was created that included the US federal traditions and also British parliamentary.
A few fascinating facts about Australia
Australia is counted among the most exceptional places in the world. Right from the ridiculous Aussie laws, that might still exist, to the strange wild life, this country is filled with strange and incredible stuff. Although you may have heard of a number of the Australia facts, you may find here something totally new. So here are a few intriguing information about Australia
1. About 80% of Australian creatures are unique – A few of the fascinating animals on earth can be found in Australia that includes marsupials, kangaroos, koalas, platypus, and a wide variety of birds. You will find them in zoos or parks and can find them in the wild.
2. The huge rock Uluru extends up to 2.5 km underground – Uluru is sacred to the aboriginal tribes and has been listed by UNESCO as a heritage site. Amazingly about 2.5 km of this rock is considered to be underground and connected to the Olgas which emerges 16 milesaway.
3. More than 60 wine areas – Traveling to Australia and not trying wine may not be a good option, but with such a wide range it will be difficult to choose among them. There are numerous vineyards stretched across the continent and you can reach those spots to relish the spectacular landscape.
4. Largest eco-system in the world – The Great Barrier Reef comprises of about 2500 reefs which are visible from place. Scuba diving and snorkeling among the turtles and colorful fishes are the primary highlights for a visit to Australia.
5. More snow than Swiss Alps – While lots of people go to Australia for amazing beaches, skiing lovers visit the Australian Alps. Snowfall begins in June and continues till September which makes the place ideal for skiing.
6. Worlds biggest sand island – The sandy shores are the spotlight of Fraser Island, so jump on a boat and take a look at the delights of this paradise. It fantastic to find a dingo and this island has around 150 of them. Keep a safe distance because they are wild and aggressive.
7. Worlds greatest war memorial – Scenic and stunning landscapes along the way will get you enthralled while driving on the Great Ocean Road. The road was constructed as a memorial by the soldiers going back to their land after World War – 1.
So these were a few of the intriguing details of Australia and if you would like to experience more of such amazing things, pack your bag and check out this amazing place.